Monday, December 28, 2009

Read This at my Funeral and If There are Children Present Cover Their Ears so They Never Know the Beauty they Will Most Likely Miss Out On

I caught the tail end of a great generation.

Aside from all the iPod nano smart car
bull shit, I shook hands with the last
remaining good hearted people to
inherit the American dream and all
of the wonderful nightmares it will
bestow upon our Grandchildren.

I met steel workers, writers, artists, plumbers
and in my later years the opera crowd.

I read books, magazine, poetry, the Bible
and graffiti on city walls.

I played rummy, black jack, yahtzee, and
even REAL solitaire.

I drank beer, wine, soda, rum, and most
notably the best whiskey man has to offer.

I met the blue collar worker, read the wino
genius, and most importantly equally respected
them both.

I loved women, real women like Marilyn
Monroe, Jane Morgan, Kim Gordan, Audrey
Hepburn and every female with a pretty
face that ever smoked cigarettes and
used what their Mother gave them.

I loved God, my country, other countries, and
understood the boundaries of my upbringing.

I hope the world notices the peculiarity of my
circumstances. My mind was exposed to so
many amazing human traits. Never complain,
and never underestimate the importance of
everything you have ever witnessed.

Thank you.
I love you.
Goodbye.
In that specific order.


- Scotty Alexander Leitch (1986-2???)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania